As we continue to trudge forth into the realm of unprecedented technological capabilities, globalised networks, intuitive databases, and, of course, widespread smart device usage, it’s worth noting that the information technology sector is set to experience some intense reverberations and shifts over the next several years. If you had any doubts about the forthcoming rise of IT, just take a look at some of the facts and figures shown below:
- The demand for software developers will rise by more than 30% over the next five years.
- Database administration careers are becoming increasingly prevalent with an expected expansion of more than 31% in this niche by the year 2020.
- From engineering industries to the manufacturing sector, technical support jobs will grow by more than 20% during the next half-decade.
- The growth within the IT job market since 2006 is second only to the healthcare sector’s demand and the two are beginning to overlap in a big way due to technological shifts.
- 43% of companies say that their IT departments are understaffed or shorthanded.
- 68% of companies say that they expect to experience “challenging difficulties” with regards to filling those openings.
As you might imagine by now, the ever-expanding IT sector offers some of the most desirable job opportunities of any present-day industry or trade and it’s worth noting that this arena also features incredible upward mobility, lucrative pay grades, and, most importantly, a sense of enduring career security as well.
Thus, it shouldn’t come as a huge surprise to find out that many people are beginning to enrol in reputable IT training programmes such as the world-renowned CompTIA A+ course, for instance, in an effort to take advantage of these forthcoming prospects and to finally initiate an enriching long-term career.
Targeted Career Training
After signing up for one of these courses and getting through the intuitive curriculum, it won’t take long for you to become a highly sought-after candidate within one of the following areas of focus:
- Computer support specialist
- IT technician
- Software engineer
- Technical analyst
- Service desk administrator
- Tech support manager
- Database supervisor
- Desktop support administrator
- First- and second-line technical support
What Will I Learn About?
In order to pass your IT exam and receive the internationally-recognised CompTIA A+ accreditation, you’ll embark on an enlightening 12-month course that covers the following salient aspects:
- Modern Security Protocols: From identifying network security breaches and ascertaining their origins to eradicating the threats and preventing future hazards, you’ll become a vested expert on today’s Internet security schemes.
- Mobile Devices: You’ll learn how to troubleshoot, manipulate, and manage complicated tablets, touchscreen phones, laptops, computers, and other modern smart devices, which helps you recognise problems, test theories, and prevent further issues.
- Networking: You’ll also learn about the ins and outs of today’s increasingly complex databanks and computer networks ranging from basic cloud concepts and simplistic virtualisation models to advanced database management schemes and even sophisticated networking techniques as well.
- Hardware: After completing the course, you’ll be able to evaluate, assess, select, and implement appropriate components for new-age system configurations.
- Windows Operating Systems: You’ll be able to install, maintain, configure, and augment these integral systems across a wide range of devices. Standardised components, peripheral devices, storage provisions, and internal implements are all covered in detail during the course.
Obtaining this type of IT certification is essentially the key to unlocking a number of rewarding doors in today’s day and age, which is why it’s in your best interests to take a closer look at enrolling in a robust IT course guided by a well-known firm.