A mud pump is a massive, high-pressure reciprocating pump. This kind of pump is generally used to spread mud in a well at high pressure and the needed flow rate. It is a covert element of oil and well drilling procedure and hence it is also called a mud drilling pump.
A mud pump is an eye-catching innovation of the ever-growing oil and gas industry. It is a pioneering product as it is available in several categories based on the number of pistons:
- Duplex (2 pistons)
- Triplex (3 pistons)
- Quintuplex (5 pistons)
In fact, instead of a triplex reciprocating pump, a double-acting two-cylinder pump can be used as a mud pump. A rig operator is used to store a few mud pumps, out of which one is used at a time and others are kept as a backup for emergency situations. The mud is collected through this pump during the drilling process. Then, they circulate mud from wellbore to the surface through constant suction.
As described above, a mud pump is a useful product and mud pumping technique plays a pivotal role in revolutionizing not only the oil and gas industry but also the building industry. The North Americans and Europeans are the Top Mud Pump Manufacturers worldwide.
Global Top Mud Pump Manufacturers Market
As per the forecast, the global top mud pump manufacturers industry will reach US$ 1085 million by 2026. It is going to register a CAGR of 4.4% in the next few years. The two major factors which are driving the demand for mud pumps worldwide are:
- The robust growth in drilling activities to ease the hydrocarbon production.
- The need for a relatively easier mud circulation operation while drilling holes.
The market is dominated by a limited top mud pump manufacturers. Only 12 Top Mud Pump Manufacturers hold about 55-58% market share. These include manufacturers from North America, Europe, Asia Pacific etc. North America is probably a notch ahead than the rest of the world, mainly because of the presence of tight oil and shale gas resources. In the Asia Pacific as well, the demand is rising due to rapid industrialization and urbanization. The government authorities in countries like India and China are looking to decrease the import expenses by focusing more on domestic production. These all are positive signs for the Top Mud Pump Manufacturers worldwide.
The Triplex Pumps are expected to experience a more intense demand than duplex pumps. Their weight is 30% lesser and there is no compromise in the efficiency.
Some of the Top Mud Pump Manufacturers are as follows:
- National Oilwell Varco (Houston, Texas): Through constant improvements, sheer hard work and unparalleled consistency over 150 long years, this company has emerged as one of the leaders in the manufacturing and selling of oil and gas drilling equipment. They are renowned worldwide for their admirable oilfield service to the industry.
- Schlumberger Limited: Schlumberger Limited is considered to be the best oilfield service. It employs 1,00,000 people and is headquartered in Paris, Houston, London and Hague. It also operates in 85 countries.
- Weatherford International: Weatherford International is one of the leading oilfield organizations giving imaginative arrangements, innovation and administration to the oil and gas industry. It works in across 90 nations and it has a system of roughly 800 areas, including production, administration, innovative work, and preparing offices.
- China National Petroleum Corporation: The organization is the leader in China’s oil and gas industry and is appreciated worldwide too. They not only provide energy in a cost-effective manner but also focus tremendously on social and environmental responsibilities. They are a respectable contractor in the field of engineering construction.
The mud pumps are a piece of key equipment in the oil and gas and the construction industry. The mud pump market is all set to experience robust growth worldwide especially in areas like North America and China with their active and stable economic conditions which is also supported by government policies. The manufacturing and sale of this innovative product are restricted to a few good manufacturers in America, Europe and the Asia Pacific. In fact, due to the sheer dominance of these Top Mud Pump Manufacturers, the manufacturers in the rest of the world are likely to lose the market share in future.