Gucci is a world-famous luxury fashion and leather products manufacturing brand. Founder Guccio Gucci founded this brand in 1921 in Florence, Italy. Gucci is selling its products through their 500+ official stores worldwide and online luxury stores. The creative director of Gucci is Alessandro Michele and its CEO is Marco Bizzarri. It is part of Gucci Group, a subsidiary of French holding company, Kering. Gucci is ranked in the top 100 valuable brands by various popular magazines and media companies. The headquarters of Gucci are at Italy, the main hub of Gucci. Other offices of Gucci are located in Paris, Milan, Japan, London, Hong Kong and New York. Gucci also had a partnership with UNICEF in which a special percentage of revenue go towards the United Nations Children Fund managed by UNICEF, but this partnership ended in 2005.
Gucci is supplying their products to various popular countries through different modes. Gucci also offers internship and professionals to work in the company, for which the UAE based interested people can contact the officials at Gucci head office Dubai. There are a number of interesting and lesser-known facts about Gucci and its founder Guccio Gucci. Check out all these facts about the company and founder below.
Table of Contents
Lesser-known facts about Gucci and Guccio Gucci
- The House of Gucci was founded in 1921 by its founder in Florence, Italy that specializes in leather bags, wallets and other leather products. The quality served to the people is the reason that Gucci is among the top 100 brands of the world.
- First big clients of Gucci are horse-riding aristocrats which demanded for equestrian gear. After that horsebit logo of Gucci got famed.
- The famous bamboo bag by Gucci is firstly manufactured in 1940 when Italy was under fascist dictatorship. At that time, the supply of leather reduces and company tested other materials to manufacture products such as bamboo, linen and burnished cane.
- The first flora print scarf of Gucci is designed specially by the son of Guccio Gucci, Rodolfo Gucci in 1966 for the Princess Grace of Monaco.
- Gucci brand has to suffer due to the highly publicized family feud in late 1970s and 1980s. When Tom Ford is appointed as the creative director of Gucci in 1994, only then the brand recovered and got back on the track.
- In 2005, Frida Glannini was appointed as the creative director of men and women ready to wear products. After that, the sale of accessories by Gucci doubles.
- In 1998, Gucci made a record by selling The Genius Jeans in Milan for $3134. This record was also registered in Guinness World Record Book. Later, this record was surpassed by Levi’s bu selling the pair of jeans for $60,000 to a Japanese Collector.
- The parent company of Gucci, Kering is a collaboration of certain other world-famous luxury brands such as Bottega Veneta, Sergio Rossi, Yves Saint Laurent, Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney.
- Various online shopping retailers are also selling the products by Gucci in Dubai. Contact the customer support department for details about purchasing and warranty services at Gucci customer care phone number Dubai.