Engineering or B. Tech is the most sought after study and career option in India. An increasing number of students are getting attracted to various branches of engineering. Mechanical Engineering is an important branch of B. Tech which is commonly known as the branch which deals with design, construction, and use of machines. There is a great scope in this field.
Whether you want to take admission in mechanical engineering in Uttarakhand or elsewhere in the country, you need to score at least 50% marks in PCM at the 10+2 level and pass the necessary entrance examination for admission into the program. We are not talking here about the top engineering institutions of the country, viz., the IITs and NITs, the selection criteria of which is very tough. The entrance examination may be All India Level, State Level, or University Level, depending upon your choice of college or institution. From wherever you pursue your degree, mechanical engineering field offers many benefits. Some of these benefits are mentioned below:
- It is a promising career field having job opportunities in diverse industries such as automotive, aviation, construction, defense, marine, power, and pharmaceuticals, to name a few.
- The pay packages for deserving candidates are really well both in India as well as abroad.
- There are good jobs available for mechanical engineers in many PSUs in India such as NTPC, ONGC, GAIL, and IOCL. Besides these, there are jobs in Indian Railways and Indian Army as well.
- There are several foreign MNCs that recruit mechanical branch graduates from India; these companies offer lucrative pay packages to candidates, along with various attractive benefits and perks.
- The job satisfaction rate in this field is significantly high compared to several other engineering fields.
- This field also offers good opportunities to the candidates interested in the research field and teaching.
- Even after working for years in this field, you won’t experience any boredom because it offers a rich variety in itself.
- The mechanical field is considered as recession-proof and immune to global economic meltdown.
After going through the above benefits, you might have understood the importance of the mechanical engineering branch.
If you stay at Dehradun and want to pursue mechanical engineering in Dehradun, then DIT University would prove to be an ideal institution, which is perhaps the best private engineering institution in Uttarakhand. Here, you will get one of the best faculty and education, complimented with state-of-the-art infrastructure and modern facilities. The placement record of this university is also quite impressive.