Fatigue is a feeling of being tired which is normal but it is a diseased condition too when it’s prolonged. The chronic fatigue syndrome is a condition where a person is experiencing extreme fatigue which may turn worse with physical or mental activity and it does not improve with rest. It is also known as systemic exertion intolerance disease or SEID and myalgic encephalomyelitis or ME. There is no specific cause behind chronic fatigue syndrome or CFS. A person suffering from this disorder tends to be hypersensitive to even normal or below normal levels of physical exercise or activity. As its cause is unknown therefore there are triggers which combine to be the cause behind CFS. The possible causes behind chronic fatigue syndrome are as follows:
- Viral infections- It has been noticed that people who suffer from this condition also have a viral infection. Though no connection has been concluded it is a considerable cause.
- Problems with the Immune system- The people suffering from this condition usually have an impaired immune system. Even the connection of CFS with a weak immune system is still not determined yet by the researches.
- Hormonal imbalances in a person may also lead to chronic fatigue syndrome or CFS but the significance of the abnormality is still unknown and this can be one of the other reasons.
- A mental issue such a stress or any kind of emotional trauma may also lead to CFS
- It may genetic that the genes causing the disorder may run in the person’s family
The symptoms of CFS
The most common symptom is extreme fatigue which is accompanied by other symptoms such as:
- Severe fatigue which is not improved by rest
- A condition of post-exertional malaise or PEM which is a stage where the symptoms get worse after going through any kind of physical or mental activity
- A loss of memory and concentration is observed
- A feeling of not being fresh even after a long night sleep
- The disorders like chronic insomnia and many other sleep disorders
- Muscular pain with frequent headaches
- Various joint pains without even the redness and swelling
- A frequent sore throat condition
- Swollen and tender lymph nodes in the neck and armpits
The treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
The treatment of CFS aims at eliminating the symptoms. The treatment differs from person to person and is determined by the effect it has on an individual. The treatments for the condition include the following:
- A behavioural therapy named cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) which involves talking out the causes with the person suffering as it may help the person to accept the diagnosis can control the symptoms better, overcoming challenges that can prevent the symptoms and the person gets a better understanding of their behaviour which they can eventually improve.
- An exercise program is known as graded exercise therapy or GET that deals with an individual’s ability to go through physical activities.
- Medications like buy soma online which can control the pain and other symptoms
Though not a proper cure is available still the condition of chronic fatigue syndrome can be controlled by the treatment like buy armodafinil online.