There’s no question that luxury villa rentals are much better than your regular hotel rooms. Romantic couples get the privacy they want, while families and friends enjoy convenience and glamour only high-end accommodations can provide.
The Dominican Republic is one of the best options if you’re looking to have a luxury holiday. There are many obvious reasons for this choice, though perhaps the beaches are the most common reason why people come to the country. Still, there are excellent tourist attractions that you just shouldn’t miss, and you can find luxury villa rentals nearby so you can visit these places at your convenience.
Here are some attractions in the Dominican Republic you ought to check out:
- Sirenis Aquagames Punta Cana. This is a huge water park that has just about everything for families and groups of friends. It covers an area of about 12,000 square meters (almost 130,000 square feet), and it offers a wide variety of different attractions. There’s a large swimming pool in the central area, and you can find a 10-meter high tower that offers a free fall twister plus 4-lane speed slides. Children will definitely enjoy the kids’ area with the Caribbean pirate theme, while there’s also a nursery for toddlers.
- Ocean World Adventure Park. You know how regular water parks only let people look at the marine life? That’s not how the Ocean World Adventure Park operates. Instead, here you have different programs that allow you to physically interact with the animals so you can snap pictures of yourself kissing a dolphin. If you’re really feeling lucky, next to it is the Ocean World Casino, and it also features a marine theme with mosaics of tropical fish, dolphins, and whales
- Samana. This is the famous sanctuary of the humpback whales, and you need to visit the place if you’re there between December and March. That’s when about 2,000 humpbacks migrate here so that they can reproduce in the warm waters near the shore. Here you can see them up close, and they’re truly magnificent with their 40-ton bulk. While they’re mating, they’ll often jump out of the water and do other acrobatic activities.
- Pico Isabel de Torres. This is the mountain near the city and coastline, and to get to the top of the 2,600-foot peak you’ll have to use the Telerifico Puerto Plata cable service. You should go and visit in the early morning before the clouds gather near the mountain, so that you get the fantastic view of the city and coastline.
- Parque Nacional Los Haitises. The Dominican Republic still has a few tropical forests, and this is one of them. Here you will find lots of keys and caves, and there’s a jungle too. In fact, it’s been used to make the Jurassic Park movie. Thankfully there aren’t any velociraptors, but you’ll find plenty to see in a park that covers an area of 1,600 square kilometers.
- Damajaqua Cascades. Known as the 27 Waterfalls, this famous landmark is visited by more than 50,000 people a year. The waterfalls are gorgeous, and you can take fantastic pictures of them. What’s more, you can even enjoy a dip in the natural pools made from solid limestone.
- Cabarete. If you’re a surfing fanatic, then you’re probably off to this surfing capital of the Dominican Republic. It’s just 20 minutes away from the Puerto Plata International airport.
These are just a handful of the numerous attractions you can find in the Dominican Republic. Make sure your luxury villa rental is near these spots. Learn more about the tourist industry and how to boost it by attracting more visitors, on this website: www.masgdl.com